Thursday, January 31, 2008

REVELL UNIROYAL FUN CUP VW


O.K. How many of you had VW bugs? Remember how they drove? The light would turn green, you�d pull away with a rumble and much less, I mean much less then supersonic acceleration. And, coming to the next light you would pump the brakes and knew you would stop, but always had that little fear�



Before you post about my VW comments, I have owned 12 of them all the way from 1957 through a 1976 champagne edition bug, and at least one of every other model (ask my dad, my backyard looked like a used car lot) and LOVED every one. Side comment from wife � we had to rent one on our honeymoon and it was one of his favorite days all because of the bug! He even let me take a picture of him in the bug.

Honeymoon Bug got to love Mexico

Now you recreate that joy, exhilaration and heart stopping moments that a VW gives you with the Revell Fun Cup Car. When I saw the first photo of this car, I knew I must own it. Although it is only released in Europe due to licensing issues here in the States. How did I get one? Hey, what can I say, I got people.
This car is richly detailed, and brilliant in color. The Tampo printing is flawless, no bleed and crisp edges.
What�s under the boot? Well, not the latest in cutting edge technology that�s for sure, but a simple and functional chassis. I would love to tell you how it ran, over the long haul, but I can�t. I ran this car 10 maybe 12 laps around my 22 foot oval and put it back in its case. How did it perform in those short few laps? Well, like a VW.
Frank
Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment